Ranitomeya vanzolini

berksmike

Reaction score
Country
England
This species has always been on my wish list so Im really excited now I have a trio which I got off a Uk breeder last weekend
Absolutely gorgeous thumbnail species - still settling in so just took a couple of very quick pictures.
Hope you like them!

SAM_0262.jpg

SAM_0263.jpg

Polka dots! I love anything that has polka dots :)

It´s the anuran version of a N.strauchii!
Lovely colors, a trully beautiful little frog. Best of lucks with them!

Wow! Ain't nature brilliant!

Cheers guys - so glad Ive finally got some of these. What they lack in size they make up for in spectacular colour!

Had some great success with these lovely darts. Saw some movement a few weeks back in one of the film cannisters I have in their viv (placed there after hearing some calling) and look what I found:

SAM_0378.jpg

Even at this early stage you can just make out the chromatophores on its back.
But heres how it progressed:

28th October:

SAM_0420.jpg

SAM_0430.jpg

2nd November:

SAM_0433.jpg

SAM_0436.jpg

SAM_0438.jpg

And today in his rearing tank happily chasing down springtails:

SAM_0444a.jpg

SAM_0443a.jpg

SAM_0446a.jpg

I got myself a group of R. ventrimaculata (French Guana) about a month ago. The first eggs have been layed allready. The Ranitomeya dart frogs are truely my favourite.

Attachments

• IMGP9386 (Kopie).JPG
    IMGP9386 (Kopie).JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 1,259
  • IMGP9387 (Kopie).JPG
    IMGP9387 (Kopie).JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 998
  • IMGP9389 (Kopie).JPG
    IMGP9389 (Kopie).JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 866
  • IMGP9402 (Kopie).JPG
    IMGP9402 (Kopie).JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 774
  • IMGP9414 (Kopie).JPG
    IMGP9414 (Kopie).JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 867
  • IMGP9415 (Kopie).JPG
    IMGP9415 (Kopie).JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 646
wow. what a cute fat little baby. Makes me wanna go and get some dart frogs too :)

Saw a lot of movement in one of the vertical film cannisters and found two of the vanzolinis with the male transporting:

SAM_0539.jpg

SAM_0542.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back