Last Set (URODELA)

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Madeira
Like the title says this is my last mini project. A total of 3h from last afternoon spent working in these.
We are always learning with our mistakes so nothing that fantastic at all, but the result isnt that bad also.
I own an old EOS 400D so this is what I'm able to work with now.
Hope you all enjoy.
Cheers,

For those interested species list:
-Plethodon cinereus
-Plethodon cylindraceys
-Plethodon richmondi
-Desmognathus fuscus
-Tylototriton cf. kweichowensis
-Paramesotriton cf. logliensis

_MG_6228.jpg

_MG_6235.jpg

_MG_6312.jpg

_MG_6313.jpg

j.jpg

_MG_6324.jpg

_MG_6327.jpg

_MG_6338.jpg

_MG_6339.jpg

_MG_6343.jpg

_MG_6345.jpg

_MG_6346.jpg

_MG_6352.jpg

_MG_6358.jpg

_MG_6362.jpg

_MG_6367.jpg

_MG_6375.jpg

jj.jpg

jjj.jpg

Lovely photos (although looking a bit overexposed on my screen...?) and animals, especially number 9 :happy: What lens do you use?

awesome pics, very moving in a way. They look just right on my screen :)
My favorite is the one of the Paramesotriton where he's looking straight at us.

Is that the same one as in your avatar?

Eva, regarding the exposure: Yes its really controversial.. In my laptop viewing pictures from desktop they seem just fine. When going into de internet they seem really a bit overexposed. But from public PC's and friends laptops they seem perfectly normal so yeah it really depends on the screen... In the most advanced ones they might seem a bit overexposed Im afraid..

As for Molch, Thanks. but no. The one at the avatar is a one month old morph from Paramesotriton guangxiensis. These are another Paramesotriton juvies with 2-3years old.

Cheers,
Jorge

Can I ask what you use as the base on which you photograph your animals and what the lighting conditions are?

Eva, I used sheets of paper and light was a flash. The conditions were not good since there was a great amount of shade created. I'll repeat all with other more complex techniques and hopefully will end with better results, these were pretty lame xD
Cheers,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back