Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chat room

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I accidentally banned some users from the chat room. I do apologise for this. Could you let us know if you are having problems getting in to the chat room please.

Julia

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
Everyone's name that was in there has got on chat today so I think it's all been sorted out. Thank you by the way!

zenmetsu

Reaction score
Is there some sort of black magic involved with getting flashchat to work? I've tried two computers and have tried Firefox and Safari... I just get the background and no chat interface at all?

Worse yet, it takes about 6 hours for the the system to allow me to go back and retry since it seems to think that I am still logged in. :(

It may be my profile... I'm relatively new and my posts still need moderator approval before they go through.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there some sort of black magic involved with getting flashchat to work? I've tried two computers and have tried Firefox and Safari... I just get the background and no chat interface at all?

Worse yet, it takes about 6 hours for the the system to allow me to go back and retry since it seems to think that I am still logged in. :(

It may be my profile... I'm relatively new and my posts still need moderator approval before they go through.

It usually fails for me on the first try, but if I reload the page, it works. It isn't a wonderful piece of software.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
It isn't a wonderful piece of software.
This is so true, but it's free and it's ours. I am willing to upgrade it to version 6. This works really well on Frogforum (we upgraded to 6 a couple of months ago). It seems to lack most or all of the problems of the version on Caudata.org. Let me know if there's demand for it please.

Reaction score
It seems to lack most or all of the problems of the version on Caudata.org. Let me know if there's demand for it please.

It lacks most or all of the problems of the current version, and you want to know if there is a demand for it? Go for it man! Fix that puppy!

Molch

Reaction score
oh please, daddy, pleaaaase?

we promise we'll be good.....

AngieD

Reaction score

I'm having this problem right now, it's driving me mad!

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The best way to ensure you don't get locked out of the chat room is to make sure you log out, not just close the screen.

Greatwtehunter

Reaction score
The best way to ensure you don't get locked out of the chat room is to make sure you log out, not just close the screen.

Kaysie hit the nail on the head! You will notice the following message when you log into chat...

"USE BUTTON ON FAR RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THIS GREEN CHAT FRAME TO LEAVE THE CHAT."

AngieD

Reaction score
I couldn't log out - only the background loaded up, so I refreshed the page and then the problem started. When I actually get into the chat room, I always log out properly

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1