Marbled Newt Update 7/14/11

Red Eft14

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Senad
I feed both of my marbled newts one small pinhead cricket today.It took them a while I guess to realize that it was prey and then after a while they started chaseing it but they couldnt catch it becuase they where too fast.So I took the bag and put the 2 crickets in and stuck them in the firdge for 30 mins and I took them out agian.Then I gave them to the newts and they started chaseing them since the crickets were more slower now since the crickets where cold.The big newt caught one by its self but the other one needed help so I took some tweezers and put it in front of his face and wiggled it and it ate it on the second try after it missed the first time lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My marms are quite inept at catching crickets too, but they catch them eventually. :frog:

Yeaa, I'am going to start feeding my marbled newts diffrent type of worms when they get older.I'll stick to crickets for now,they are only 2 inches lomg with the tail so what else do you reccomend I should feed them?

I'd suggest small earthworms or chopped earthworms which are easy to get a hold of, all you need is a shovel. If you're feeding crickets, remember to dust them so your marms are getting all the nutrition they need. Other food that's useful for small terrestrial morphs include springtails and isopods.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back