My Baby, Toothless

Mrichhh

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my wild type Toothless. It's in a ten gallon for now, but once it starts to get bigger I have a twenty-long laying around. I'm not sure if it's a male/female, but I decided to name it Toothless, because the design of the dragon in "How To Train Your Dragon" seems to be based on the body style and head shape of an axolotl. I'm a computer animator, so the name seemed relevant to my interests, and to the personality of my axie.

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,356
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,313
Awwwwww what a cute tiny little one! :) Toothless looks happy in its new home!

Thanks! Here are some more recent pictures, taken tonight. The others are from a few days ago. It's already starting to get darker. I hope it doesn't get too much darker, I love its green color. It's definitely very active, and I can't believe how much it eats for such a little guy.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,491
VERY cute! Interesting pattern.. There's another baby toothless on here also.. a bit darker though. :)

Sooo cute, and great pics!

That is a lovely little axie you have there. Looks great on the white sand.

Beautiful axie, such stunning colours :)
Toothless, meet Toothless :lol:

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 572
Nice axolotl, and very nice photos.

First of all, both of the previous Toothlesses were gorgeous! :D

Second, Toothess, Toothless... Meet Toothless :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3,860
Aww thanks! :proud: We should start a Toothless club! :grin:

beautiful colouration and the cutest faces. Congrats on the new arrival!

First of all, both of the previous Toothlesses were gorgeous! :D

Second, Toothess, Toothless... Meet Toothless :lol:

Thats so funny and they're all sooooo cuuute!! Guess theres a few of us who watched that movie and thought 'thats not a dragon, thats an axi!' :lol: Grats to all on the lil ones, I look forward to seeing more pics of them all as they get older :D and yes you should start a club :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back