CHAT ROOM- Ask the "Pros" Night

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Johnny O. Farnen
Folks, we have done this before with some success. My own insane work schedule pretty much killed it off.

Good News is, I do not have that job anymore. Therefore, I am starting the Planned Chat room sessions back up.

I still hold odd hours, so I will be available to accomadte North American, European, and Australian users.

In the past, we tried it on weekends, but far too many of our users actually have lives (unlike yours truly;))

So this time around, I will make it very easy. Starting this week, I will make myself available in the chatroom On Tuesday nights @1900 Central US Time. I will also make myself available as requested.

Please gather up you compatriots on here, and post in this thread what times work best.

In the past we tried set topics, but to start this time around it will be open discussion on Axolotl, Newt, and Salamander topics. Please do not enter the chatroom to discus your Mother's Brother's former Roomate's Sister's Nephew's malignant gluteal carcinoma. I am sure it is awful, but we want to chat about our critters!:D

So, I will "see" you all in chat Tuesday evening at 1900ish Central US Time. (You folks in Oz and Europe need to let me know what time works best for you, I am up most of the night here, and have no problem adjusting to different time zones especially to talk about critters!)

See you in Chat!

As before, any and all are invited to attend. In the past we have gotten expert advice in chat from Jennewt, Michael Schrom, Kaysie, and all the rest of the gang (too numerous to list 'em all!) of "Super Salamander" folks that lurk about here. :eek: I bet we could get our favorite Irishman in on this too!;););)

I'll show up for sure! I recently was in the chat room for the first time and it was kinda cool.

I'm wondering though: with that many people crammed into that teeny tiny chat room, what if somebody farts?

Well I'm hoping this chat room has a window, or we'll all get smelly and sweaty! ;)

Wait.. Does this mean we can't listen to police scanners and talk about it? Or what about that naive kid? What will we do with him?

Figures it would be held during the very few hours during the day I sleep.

Since I have no life, I'm in chat every weekday from 0030-0730 Eastern time. There is actually quite a few of us in there at any given moment during those hours.

Justin, I'm available at those hours too. I suspect that may be suitable for some of our international members. I'll check into the room at those times too.

(in between rounds of Borderlands and Dragon Age);)

I'd like to send a big thanks to all the "pros" that take their time to join in on this. I can't say that I have attended these specific CHAT ROOM nights hosted by SludgeMunkey but I have spent many hours in the chat room and can say that besides hands-on experience I have the learned the most talking with these very people either via the Chat Room or email.

Just as a note for anyone interested (that may not know), you can export the chat conversion from the time you log in by hitting the "save" button. I have done this a couple of times because the amount of information.

I hope to attend this even if it is to be just a fly on the wall! :supercool:

Figures it would be held during the very few hours during the day I sleep.

Since I have no life, I'm in chat every weekday from 0030-0730 Eastern time. There is actually quite a few of us in there at any given moment during those hours.

man i need to drop these day time classes and get back on that schedule!!!

We got off to a slow start, and I was late. I have had some computer issues this week that I am feverishly working to rectify.

What sounds like a good day and time for the next one?

How about any/all nights at 7-8:00pm central time? Anyone who can come please do. Or whatever....

There's just never anyone to talk to.

Also the "bell" is broken. lol :D

the chat room has been well populated at around midnight central time or so. There's been a whole assortment of shady characters of the marsupial persuasion and some hearty exchange of french vocabulary. Topics have ranged from creationism to how best to cook a baby. Newts get mentioned occasionally. No one has been banned yet but then we all instantly straighten up when one of the mods drops in, which is not very often.

bring some popcorn and your turkey baster!

I have been a bit swamped lately, but noticed lots of chat room activity. I generally do these stunts when I notice it is a graveyard in there.

You typically wouldn't ask a question if you didn't want an answer.

I'll come at midnight.:(

LOL

the chat room has been well populated at around midnight central time or so. There's been a whole assortment of shady characters of the marsupial persuasion and some hearty exchange of french vocabulary. Topics have ranged from creationism to how best to cook a baby. Newts get mentioned occasionally. No one has been banned yet but then we all instantly straighten up when one of the mods drops in, which is not very often.

Thats so true! Lots of Auusies between 7 and 8 ish EST time as well.

I'm thnking of ways to cook a baby again haha

omg you guys are so childish :p

Did someone mention baby cooking? I'm so there tonight! :D

Hello "Pros". I am new to the group. I have one question for you concerning a salamander that I have seen on my property on 3 occasions over the past few years, and I did not have a camera any of those times. I am located in southeastern Ohio. I have a creek running through my property, the water often inundated with sewage runoff from a pump station about 100 yards away. My property is a managed habitat with some rotting trees, brush piles, well shaded, and with a nearby pine stand.
The 6-7 cm salamander itself is a banana yellow color. I wish I could describe the markings, but what immediately draws the eye, all three specimens I saw had bright blue bellies. They were without doubt salamanders. Two were found in a tangle of debris on the edge of the creek, and one was underneath a mat 30 yards from the creek. All three times, I quickly replaced the cover to get a camera, but each time the animal disappeared by the time I returned.
My memory suggests that it appeared a bit like Eurycea bilineata but beyond that, I am totally stymied. Any ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back