Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Well hello there to ya from PA

aroraessence

Reaction score
;) Hi there I am new to this site or any site on amphibians but I wanted to join to learn about axolotls.I am very interested in owning one or two but I need to learn about them first as any good animal owner does.I hope to find a plethora of information on them here.I am eager to learn and make new friends.Thanks for having me and as always safe journeys my friend.

emz

Reaction score
Hi! This site has so much info on axolotls and very helpful people. I didnt have a clue how to look after an axolotl before i joined and now i have a very healthy axolotl!

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Where are you located in Pa? I'm in Ephrata. That is about half way between Harrisburg and Valley Forge.

aroraessence

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Where are you located in Pa? I'm in Ephrata. That is about half way between Harrisburg and Valley Forge.
Hi Michael,thanks for the warm welcome I live just outside of Reading in Shilligton,Ephrata is right up the way from me.I love all the info on here,its so much to absorb I am confident I will be an axolotl owner someday.Right now I am trying to get the tank right.:DI see all these great tanks on here and get so excited just looking at other peoples.What do you own?As always safe journeys my friends

aroraessence

Reaction score
Hi! This site has so much info on axolotls and very helpful people. I didnt have a clue how to look after an axolotl before i joined and now i have a very healthy axolotl!
Thanks Emz,that is just what I came on here for,I need to start somewhere and I see now that this site is very informative.I hope to be and owner of a healthy axolotl someday too.How many do you have and what kind if you don't mind me asking?How old are they?I am just gonna check out your page and see if you have pics.Thanks for the welcome

emz

Reaction score
I just have the one wildtype male who is about 8 months old and 19 cms long but planning on getting a leucistic very soon and i doubt i will stop there! They are very addictive. :happy:

michael

Reaction score
You are real close to my place. I have a small part time business breeding amphibians. I keep mostly aquatic salamanders. Axolotls, Ambystoma andersoni, about a half dozen types of Triturus, 4 types of Cynops, two kinds of Pleurodeles, some Lissotriton, Laotriton, and some odds and ends. If you need an axolotl shoot me an email and you can stop by. They are also available at That Fish Place at Centerville, and Zootopia in Harrisburg. Their are lots of axolotl keepers in Pa.

The Hamburg show is Aug 6 but it will be pretty warm. That should be about half an hour or less from you.

aroraessence

Reaction score
You are real close to my place. I have a small part time business breeding amphibians. I keep mostly aquatic salamanders. Axolotls, Ambystoma andersoni, about a half dozen types of Triturus, 4 types of Cynops, two kinds of Pleurodeles, some Lissotriton, Laotriton, and some odds and ends. If you need an axolotl shoot me an email and you can stop by. They are also available at That Fish Place at Centerville, and Zootopia in Harrisburg. Their are lots of axolotl keepers in Pa.

The Hamburg show is Aug 6 but it will be pretty warm. That should be about half an hour or less from you.[/QUOTE:happy: wow thanks for the info,I know if I would go to that show I would want to bring one home ,not ready yet still in the process of getting everything i need first and tank set up.But now I know where I can get one at when I am ready that in itself is good to know...lol Thanks my friend and as always safe journeys.;)

aroraessence

Reaction score
He is very neat looking,sooo adorable I can't wait to be able to have one as part of the family.I need to learn alot first though in order to keep him/her alive and healthy.Safe journeys emz

ed_moyer

Reaction score
Welcome, There are afew of us from PA. I'm a little more east them Michael !! But were all pretty close

toothless44

Reaction score
hi michael,thanks for the warm welcome i live just outside of reading in shilligton,ephrata is right up the way from me.i love all the info on here,its so much to absorb i am confident i will be an axolotl owner someday.right now i am trying to get the tank right.:di see all these great tanks on here and get so excited just looking at other peoples.what do you own?as always safe journeys my friends

whoa hold the phone im right inbetween you two in denver!!!!

michael

Reaction score
Denver! My brother lives in Shoeneck. We could meet at the Green Dragon for a fish sandwich.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1