Paddle-tailed newt?

crossmyheart

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Rachel
im not new to this site, but i have a question.
under which category would paddle-tailed newts be??
a store close to me just got a big shipment of them in, but i would like to read up on and hear other people's expiriences with the little guys :). thanks

From personal expirence they they are overcrowded,and have warm water at the store they die when you get them.

I kept paddletails. They were really enjoyable in my experience, extremely aggressive though. Very good appetites. Be careful keeping a group of them, they may have to be seperated.

thank you. :) the website was very helpfull starting out. i got 2 yesterday and they are currently in a verrry planted tank of 45 gallons i think, at my boyfriend's house. he also got 3, because we couldnt say noto them esspecially because they were only 5 dollars each. i will be getting my tank ready for them now.. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back