Some of my tanks (photos)

Hey nice tanks, are any of those live plants? it's a little hard to tell. I have always thought H. Dunni sounded like an awesome salamander to keep. how hard a species would you say it is?

Tanks look fine, but two suggestions. One is to put in a platform to give the hongkongensis a place they can climb up on if they want to. Mine always hangs out on the platform, which has shallow water and a hide on top of it. Two, it would be nice if the dunni had more water. And to avoid having the water stagnate under the gravel, maybe you could rig up the filter to spout the water onto the gravel (a tube to the opposite corner of the tank).

Hey thanks for the responses guys.

I really like the little dunni. I found that that they are pretty simple to keep and quite hardy.

The hongkongensis has a floating cork island should it have more? Perhaps a bigger island?

The H. dunni is still young. I have never seen it actually go in the water it just spends its time under one of the hide spots. Should the water be deeper or just more vast?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back