The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 25th August 2011   #1
Carson
(carsona246)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: carsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and informationcarsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and informationcarsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and informationcarsona246 has given consistently excellent advice and information
Default Anyone else notice that keeping cherry shrimp in cold tanks makes them redder?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed. I bred some cherry shrimp in a ten gallon till I had a hundred or so, and then dumped them all in the tank hoping they'd be self sufficient. While the majority of them got eaten, the few left surviving have gotten exceptionally redder(they've been in there for a month or so now). I got a pretty dull bunch when I received them, and I wasn't trying to breed for color, so the fact that I found 10-12 really brightly colored shrimp in my tank surprised me.

carsona246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011   #2
R3bel
(rebel)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: rebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else notice that keeping cherry shrimp in cold tanks makes them redder?

I own a couple, both female so the wont breed, but what ive realised is that the darker the background/gravel, there darker colour they'd become, on white-ish gravel, there colour is faint, while on darker gravel, ther colour comes out mroe, becoming a deper red colour.

Just thought id share

rebel is offline   Reply With Quote