Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Aquatics live

horsyqueen

Reaction score
In november the london olympia stadium is holding the Aquatics live.
Its for fish not horses as most people would have guessed. It will be like a big festival sort of thing with loads of talks and stuff.
There will also be alot of freebies
grin.gif
. Also stalls selling fish, anphibions, reptiles, aqauriums, equipment and the invertibrates cheap
cheesy.gif
There will be talks and stuff like that.
Companies comming:
Tetra
Blue planet aqaurium
Pratical fish keeping maguzine
Cockadiles of the world
Maidenhead aquatics
and many more

There will be stuff for tropical, coldwater, temprate, goldfish, pond, marine, reptile, anphibian hobbists.

There will be talks from many of the fishkeeping organiseations. even talks on aqauscapeing.

The entree fee for booking before the show as i was told is £7.50 and paying on the day £10.

My mums friend knows the owner of tetra so i may get work experiance there.
I will be going to see what i want to do with fish when i am older. I will pick up some of my fish wish list:
Latacara Dorcia(Red brested acer)
Everglades Pygmy Sunnfish
Tree frogs
Dwarf Clawed Frogs
Pygmy cories
All the types of Otos Zebra ones
grin.gif
too

Also i will perswade my dad to get me a new aqaurium as my ones can even fit a goldfish as they r only 60l, 28l and 20l. Maby even a massive tank for some axalotals.

I hope to see you if your comming

emz

Reaction score
Thats sounds great! I will have to see if i can make it. Is it called Aquatics live? and do you know what date its on?

stecal

Reaction score
Thats sounds great! I will have to see if i can make it. Is it called Aquatics live? and do you know what date its on?

hi thanks for the heads up, heres a link to thier site its on the 19th and 20th november
Aquatics Live
has anyone been before? if so do they have a good selection of amphibians as it is a 200 mile round trip for me to go so want to make sure it worth it first
thanks steve

emz

Reaction score
Thanks for the link and the dates! I agree it would be good to know what amphibians are there and if there is many there.
It does look good though hopefully i will be able to go.

horsyqueen

Reaction score
They will defnately have the Dwarf clawed frogs. I will ask what anphibion associations are going. there are reptiles so i would expect like firse salemaders and the more famouse anphibions and maby the rarer ones.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1