Newt Room Update

GeoNewt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Thought I'd give a quick update on my newt room seeing as I haven't put up any pictures of it for a while. There are about 40 amphibians in there now, mostly newts, though also some new additions: Alytes obstetricans and some stunning Mantella aurantiaca that I picked up at the Kempton show.
Hope you enjoy them, George.

Attachments

• IMG_9009.JPG
    IMG_9009.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_9078.JPG
    IMG_9078.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_8192.JPG
    IMG_8192.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_8868.JPG
    IMG_8868.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_8114.JPG
    IMG_8114.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_8141.JPG
    IMG_8141.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 339
I can´t see any pictures o_O

You can see them right here Azhael,

@ George; Nice collection! Like the Cynops shot. Witch species is it? Any variety of pyrrohgaster or some ensicauda?
Cheers!

Sorry about that Azhael, somehow I managed to accidentally create 2 posts.
Thanks, the Cynops is an ensicauda popei, glad you like it.
George.

I am envious! Lovely setup and animals, too. What is the leaping frog that you picture?

C

Thanks for the comment, the frog is a Hyla arborea,
George.

I'm impressed that you have labels on all the tanks - what do they say?

Are they home made lids? how did you make them?
Thanks,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back