• Poll closed .

salamanderfreak

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Display Name
Jakob
Are there some holder of Oedipina :confused:
can anyone give me info on the keeping of Oedipina??

sry google translate:blush:

Like Bolitoglossa, there is not much information on keeping Oedipina in captivity. I haven't heard of anyone keeping Oedipina, or even Oedipina being offered for sale.

I know of a few holding them. But they are worlds best and most successful keepers/breeders. Rarely appear in forums as they hold all the knowledge they need and don't need help.
I must tell you, those are super rare if not impossible to find and those holded by them were collected in wild by themselves. Its the only way to ''have'' them as far as I know....
Hope it helps.:happy:
Cheers,

But they are worlds best and most successful keepers/breeders. Rarely appear in forums as they hold all the knowledge they need and don't need help,

this is cool. You mean there are world champion newt keepers who hold all the knowledge tightly to their bosoms? Oh please, do tell these wondrous beings to make an earthly appearance here on caudata so that we may suckle on their teats of wisdom...:bowl:

Last edited:
They surely don't hold all the knowledge molch, they are no gods.
Check my post carefully:

(...) as they hold all the knowledge they need (...)

Oh please, do tell these wondrous beings to make an earthly appearance here on caudata

Well I wont do nothing as they can choose what they think its best for them. I can tell you at least one of them did tried in the past, and was in this forum but simply find it an unattractive option I guess... The 'forum' and the 'chats' and contact to other keepers for these individuals resumes to one thing only: AG Urodela meeting at Gersfeld. Im an outsider to all this trough... :happy:

The 'forum' and the 'chats' and contact to other keepers for these individuals resumes to one thing only: AG Urodela meeting at Gersfeld. Im an outsider to all this trough... :happy:

aah, yes. One day I hope to infiltrate the fabled Gersfeld meeting. I will go in the disguise of a middle-aged, beer-bellied German guy with a Beck's in one hand and a gold-dust Neurergus strauchii in the other....:talker:

AW: Re: Holder of Oedipina?

Hi

Thanks for the information.
I will also sometimes come to Gersfeld
is not so far away from Tyrol:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back