I found this

lexmiller

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
The World's Strongest Scientist
Id love to see this Californian specie but the link is broken man..:rolleyes:

It's Pseudacris regilla, the Pacific treefrog. Perhaps the most abundant amphibian species on the Western coast of the U.S.

he waited for you on your mailbox, huh?

I got one too (my only frog). Mine got herself accidentally mailed to northern Alaska in a box of organic veggies.

Her name is Linus :)

...they seem to have an affinity for the postal service....

Attachments

• IMG_6022.jpg
    IMG_6022.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 395
Aww Linus! That was my first tiger salamanders name :D Good choice Molch!

Just had to add my mailed in frog exp... When I was 17 and a deli girl at the local supermarket we used to garnish the salads with this fancy ruffled lettuce (no idea what it was, i'm not into lettuce that much!) one day I went to put the potato salad in the display case and the lettuce jumped and spooked my co worker.. It was AWESOME! So i lifted up the lettuce and under it was this tiny bluish 1 inch frog! I have no idea what it was but it was really cool to see, The deli manager called fish and game and they came and collected the little guy (I wanted to sneak him home and build him a house, but my co-worker ratted me out lol) I never did find out what it was, looked like some kind of tree frog with suction cup toes. I had never seen such a tiny frog... Sorry about the rambling... this post just reminded me of it.. so cool :D

Pseudacris regilla does not occur naturally in California. This would be a Sierra chorus frog, P.sierra, assuming it's a natural occurence.

I brought some of a few remaining tadpoles from what had once been a beautiful flourishing school marsh. I used to go out to the old pond once and a while. It was full of this species. But a new principle came and decided to have some guys come in and hack down all of the plants and build a bridge across the marsh. The marsh and all in it was killed. The saving of those few tadpoles is what started my interest in amphibians. The were nurtured in a large habitat and were taught to fend for themselves. When they were young adults they were released into the Oregon Gorge. Here are a few pics of them.

Attachments

• HNI_0046.JPG
    HNI_0046.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 330
  • CIMG1492.jpg
    CIMG1492.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 347
  • CIMG1085.jpg
    CIMG1085.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 337
  • HNI_0037.JPG
    HNI_0037.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 327
  • HNI_0001-4.JPG
    HNI_0001-4.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 314
  • HNI_0027-3.JPG
    HNI_0027-3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 318
  • HNI_0062.JPG
    HNI_0062.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 327
  • HNI_0067.JPG
    HNI_0067.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 336
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back