Using Co2 to grow plants

asglrain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im wondering if having co2 pump into a tank with newts or other amphibians is harmful? I grow alot of my tanks with co2 for fish. I did have 1 newt in a tank where I was running co2 but removed him after 3 days. I was using it as a isolation tank. Couldnt find anything around about this, it really makes plants grow well and very lush.

I can think of two things you would want to concider with running CO2 in an amphibian setup.

1. Available oxygen. This is a concideration with fish as well, but something to concider is the increased body mass of the amphibian. I would be concerned about the animal getting enough air if it is fully aquatic. So check on the species. Usually amphibians like a high O2 content in the water.

2. pH. The pH in a planted tank is typically low. I know some amphibians don't like overly low pH.

Otherwise, I don't see how it would be an issue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back