Niels D

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Chomp chomp
Nviridescensamplexus09-20112.jpg

BURP!
Nviridescensamplexus09-20111.jpg

That gotta be another newt in the second picture. He'd look 3 times more plump than he looks at second pic if it had eaten the hole thing... And I've never seen a newt much less a Triturus eating such prey items! Not even my guangxiensis! Sorry the bit of skepticism.. But always nice to see the big burp ^^:wacko:
Cheers,
Jorge

You got me there! It's not the same animal. The one eating is a female, the other's a male. It's also kind of an optical illusion. The worm looks a lot bigger on the picture. While I took this picture I saw the male "yawning" and took his picture as well. So the idea of the big "Burp" was born.

Triturus species can manage big prey items though. The worm in the picture is (excuse me, was) longer than the carnifex, when it was outstretched. I do not allways feed them this way of course, but I never chop any worms.

Haha its the trained eye i got :) Always had a special skill to determinate and evaluate such things as sizes :p. Well I do really believe the worm was bigger than the newt. Its easily seen.. And I said that since I tried myself to feed such big worm to a pair of carnifex I got. Not even both of them eating each tip could touch each others faces. It has still a few cm of worm showing between them... Scissors time... cause yes I also do not chop worms either like you... Its unaesthetic..:p
Cheers!

Jorge

Haha. The same thing happened with my Tylo's. I could almost here them say: "Mine, mine, mine..." That's why I love all those ferocious little buggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back