Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Prez Obama, a friend to newts

Molch

Reaction score
So I've had this Prez O Chia Pet which I bought one time when I was thinking I-don't-know-what.

I finally found a good use for it. I broke a hole into the base so the newts can crawl in and planted him a nice java moss afro. It makes for a fine newtian hide-out and lounging island.

I like it so much I think I'm gonna get a Prez Lincoln for my strauchii tank...

an apuanus juvie on top of Mount Obama. Like with the Hawaiian Islands, Mt. Obama is only the very tip of a much larger mountain which rises from the ocean floor

file_4317.jpg

file_4318.jpg

Molch

Reaction score
The above, I should mention, is Prez O's "determined" pose.
They also make a "happy" pose, which makes him look like he dug up some shrooms in the white house garden.....

...and I just discovered they make a Prez Washington one as well....now I want the set !!

Last edited:

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Historically speaking Democrats do seem to be more conservation oriented than Republicans. I guess the question I would ask is what does your neighbor Sarah P. think of your tank?

Molch

Reaction score
I guess the question I would ask is what does your neighbor Sarah P. think of your tank?

psst, don't tell her...if they made a Sarah Palin chia pet I wouldn't want to put it in my tank; can't have my newts regurgitating their worms...

totallyrad

Reaction score
haha this is hilarious and the moss is growing well. I couldn't get the java moss I bought online to grow at all it just turned brown and eventually I just removed it all because of aggravation. How long did that take to grow in like that? And I think the abraham lincoln one would look great :]

Molch

Reaction score
actually, I just planted it a few days ago - the moss is attached by thin thread but hopefully will take hold in time.

I ordered the Lincoln and Washington. Will post pics of them when I have them set up.
My newts are gonna have their very own Mt Rushmore.

Dog Shrink

Reaction score
That's the best use for Pres. Obama I've seen since the man took office... Can't wait to see the others.

Molch

Reaction score
alas, no Sarah chia pet. Otherwise, I could test my regurgitation theory.

There is, however, a Hillary Clinton Chia pet....there are also, although these are somewhat less applicable as aquarium ornaments, a Hillary Clinton nutcracker and a Bill Clinton corkscrew. Yes, well. You may google those at your own risk...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1