Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Matthew Middleton
Wanted to post to these to see what you all thought. Hope you enjoy! :happy:

axolotl.png

slimy.png

Thanks!! I really appreciate it! Here's another one I did earlier, in a different style:

Spotted Salamander
SpottedSally3.png

those are pretty awesome :D
You should do a firebelly newt next lol

I was actually going to ask what everyone wanted to see next, so I just may try a fire belly newt :)

Oh and thank you for the compliment :D it's much appreciated!!

Here's a preview of the Fire Belly Newt, just gotta scan it and color it. Hope you enjoy:

309503_223621774363785_115491011843529_639138_607105822_n.jpg

That is so cute! I can't wait to see the finished one :D

This is all cool, I'd love to see a Neurergus Kaiseri!

I'll work on that one next!! After they are all finished I'll post the finished products up on picasaweb for people to download/print or whatever they want to do with them. Also thinking about sending the originals (no color) out to the people who requested them if they would want them.

Thanks again for all of the kind words :)

If you could do the N Kaiseri in the style of the Spotted sal that would be awesome =X

Thank you for being so kind as to take our requests :D
I always enjoy seeing different styles of artwork and I love the look that you give to the salamanders you draw. :D

I wouldn't mind having the original to but by my desk at work, but I wouldn't want to impose on you to send it to me.

Here's a preview of the Neurergus Kaiseri (Kaiser's Spotted Newt), hope you like it :)

300650_224042977654998_115491011843529_640864_1350653021_n.jpg

Matt that is awesome! Thanks for fielding the request! Can't wait to see the rest

what is your technique? Do you hand-draw them and color them on a computer?

Yep, I draw/ink them then scan them in to the computer for coloring and adding effects. I use Paint.net to do all of the coloring/effects

Just as an update the drawings are in my brothers hands now (he does the scanning for me since I don't have a scanner) so I should be able to work on them here soon.

Something else I've done that I want people to check out is a book I wrote. The main characters are Herps so it would be up the alley of the people here. If you want the hard copy here's a link:

Amazon.com: The Quest for the Flying Frog (9781453777237): Matthew Middleton, Mr. Eric K Middleton, Mr. George Kurtz, Mr. Brian Lynn Middleton Jr., Mr. Scott Myers, Mr. Matthew Middleton, Mr. Eric Middleton: Books

It's priced as low as it goes so I'm not making any money, I just want people to be able to ready it/enjoy it. If you want a PDF version PM me your email and I'll send it you way!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back