Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamander dreams... Lol

suztor

Reaction score
last night I watched, an episode of Penn & teller tell: A lie. One of the true facts they told was that varies get randy when tubas play b flat. Then they showed some impressive footage of gators bellowing and the vibrations and loudness caused water droplets to bounce out of the water and off their backs. Really super cool!

I was so impressed that I woke up last night from a dream where my c. Orientalis were bellowing and bouncing water around like the gators... But on a much much smaller scale. I was convinced I discovered a way to induce breeding any time of the year!

suztor

Reaction score
What about you guys? Any strange salamander dreams? I have some others but they were rather stressful!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

AngieD

Reaction score
I had a dream about 2 nights ago that someone had given me 2 common newts, not sure why. Most of the dream was me trying to figure out how to hide them in my room, and how to house them (I couldn't risk the paddle-tails eating them).
The odd thing was, they looked nothing like common newts, but according to the dream, they were.

Linus

Reaction score
I keep having a re-occurring dream where I'm in my own personal caudate-keepers heaven. There are racks of tanks spanning the walls with my favorite species inside, all maintained by an old man I never really see.. but I ask him questions. The tanks are all heavily planted and aqua-scaped. I had this dream last night and before I woke up I was studying the t. marms.. and then I had to wake up! Very strange, but definitely enjoyable.

Neotenic_Jaymes

Reaction score
I have tons of dreams about newts/salamanders. I won't go into detail. I also have plenty herping dreams and dreams about finding new species.

The Banana

Reaction score
I have lotsa salamander dreams... I almost always can't remember my dreams, but when I can they pretty much always include some sort of salamander, or fish.

Kiyo

Reaction score
I always have dreams about running around catching fire sals. Except they're all odd colors and they're all over my room, even on the ceiling just chilling out. It's pretty trippy.

Travisdjtg

Reaction score
Days ago I had a dream someone brang me an injured beaver to care for (im a bird of prey rehabber) then the beaver was a salamander with puffy skin and grotesquely tiny sunken eyes . I put tetracycline ointment in the salamander eyes with a wooden applicator trying to remove all the excess ointment I put on and then it was a tiny monkey/sloth and its head accidentally came right off in my hands, and then a young man handed me a report I had to sign and fill out about the incident before I jacked an 8 wheel camping rv bus and drove it erratically down a rural road. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

suztor

Reaction score
That's a rather stressful dream!

One I still remember from a while ago was I had just gotten my cfbn and suddenly I started finding them as free give aways in magazines and some other places, I went to my colleges library and started going through all of the magazines and Soooo many skinny sickly newts just were barely surviving between the pages, I collected hundreds of them!

My dream explained that the newts were given away as eggs but since they were old they've all hatched. I woke up freaking out about every step I took to not step on one.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
I rarely dream with animals, much less with salamanders... Still I recal of two dreams, one dream were I've recieved a box with a good amount of P. ruber ruber witch made my day till the moment I woke up lol, the most curious one was dreaming about my adult female T.shanjing. Basicly one day I found in her setup a few dozens of morphed T.shanjing juveniles around her..:D lool... now this is imagination!!:wacko: haha
Sadly most of my other dreams are rather nightmares... Falling from cliffs, towers, being chased by bats, thieves.. LMAO... A bit of everything...:sick:

JacksonR

Banned
Reaction score
I have dreams always related to nature. My "newt dreams" are usually about my kaisers not eating. Once I dreamed my female laid eggs on a fake plant in her tank. Strange that a few days later she was apperently mimicing the action of egg laying on the very plant.

When I used to search for the Ivory-billed woodpecker often I always dreamed of them. I would hear them...but I could never find them. Maddening....happens in real life too;)!

Molch

Reaction score
I don't think I have ever dreamed about my newts.

I do dream about my dog. I few nights ago I dreamed she came to me with some paperwork she picked up at the DMV. It was a learner's permit. I explained to her that she would have to wait 4 more years until she is 14 to qualify for one of those. And that was that.

modestum

Reaction score
Last night i dreamt that i opened the fridge and there was a big bright blue axolotl in an aquarium store bag, that i didnt know was suppose to be in there next to the butter. So, i went to put him in his new tank, lifted the screen and alpine newts and marbled salamanders came climbing out by the dozens, and nipping at me when i tried to put them back.. quite strange..... but kinda fun!

AngieD

Reaction score
I had another newt dream last night - I had a dream in which my cfb larvae was beginning to morph, the gills had shrunk down loads, and the newt itself was about twice its current size. Imagine my disappointment when I woke up!

aeviette

Reaction score
I had a dream where I was getting the zoo ready to move house (doing this on Friday) and for some unknown reason I decided to put the axolotls and fish together. Then they played a Plants vs Zombies style game and the lotls got fat and happy. It was stressful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!