Salamandra ??

Niels D

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
What am I?

IMG_2689.jpg

is it infraimmaculata?

Its Salamandra too-young I could call it from gallaica to inframaculata,(west to east) from salamandra to algira (North to South)... Too young to precise thoughts. DNA is vital for good I.D.s at these ages I guess

Pffff...and there i was thinking S.s.salamandra. It´s a beautiful little bugger that´s for sure.

hehehe.

In answering this question correctly, Molch won:

a) installation of a de=luxe newt room
b) a two week herping trip to Costa Rica
c) a nice breeding group of O. ophryticus
d) a new car
e) all of the above

No no no Molch. I'm not buying that. I changed that after you answered correctly. You're just being modest. You're my caudata hero!

lol. true, I saw the sig line later :)

It's a gorgeous little thing for sure.

You know what, if there will be 2 females I will call the other one Claudia. :p

aaaw shucks...I don't think anyone ever named anything after me....:D:D now I feel 10 feet tall..

I will never quite grasp how you guys manage to discern one name from another. It makes my head spin. :eek:

I would lie if I'd say that I can tell all my animals from eachother. But I can tell these buggers apart looking at their pattern. I don't like to admit this, being a man and all, but I think they're cute....

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

congrets with your Salamandra, I will have them to in the future. But first I'm going to make some more space.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back