Help me shes dieing!!!

axolotl141

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
michael
HELP!! shes in the fridge dieing floating on its side and sometimes upside down but her gill feathers are still red hellpppp!!

If she's just about to die, and already in the fridge, let her go.. There's not much you can do when they are truly dieing.
I seen in a previous post you think she got hit by something?
Do you have a photo of her?.. Her injuries?
How bad is the bruising or redness around the area and where was the impact?
Also how long since this happened?

about three days ago it happened my camera has a flash and i dont want to stress it out and it looks a bit better now but my mother says to post a pic tommorow but itll probably be dead by then if no one can help

Can you not turn the flash off?if you can't then if you really think your axie is going to die,taking a picture with the flash won't be that bad not if it reveals something you could do to help?
I know it's awful when you think something's going to die.x

A picture for us would be good to see, if there is any chance you can take one without the flash then do it, as we may be able to help you.

Hang in there, I'm sorry to hear what your going through right now.

hope this helps it

Attachments

• P1010569.jpg
    P1010569.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 275
How did it get hit on the bottom side? :confused:
Was she kept on any rocks? Because it looks like there's a rock shaped injure. Is it hard at all?

i dont know how it got hit on the bottom side the structure fell down and then it was always floating and the injurie is alot more red and woundy the flash made it more light...was she kept on any rocks? is it hard at all what do you mean

I mean was she kept on rocks? on the bottom of the tank?
And is her belly hard at all, like where the redness is? have you tried to feel it at all for lumps?

its kept on sand and its like a small lump on it when you feel it and how hard do you mean like slightly?

Could it possibly be a rock? Or part of what ever fell on it?
Was it ever kept on any rocks, maybe at the pet store u go it from?

this axi is about 6 or more months old and they have no small rocks in there tank and theres no small rocks in my tank they have nothing on the bottom of the tank

i just want to say good luck to little hungry i hope she makes it threw the night:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back