The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Sick Axolotl? Axolotl looking down in the gills? The doctors are in.

Old 6th December 2011   #1
Jodie.B.
(JodieBromilow)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: JodieBromilow has started on the right path
Default Hellp my axolotl has white fluffy fungus on her gills! :O

Hi i noticed a few days ago my axolotl kept freaking out in the tan she was chasing her tail and going upside down and her balance was not good at all! she kept leaning to the right side so i put her in the fridge a couple of days ago to stop her from freaking out! i just went in the fridge to put fresh water in her tub and i noticed she had white fungus on her gills! :O, how do i get rid of it?, when i take her out of the fridge in the dim light she freaks out and swims upside down like a dolphin and she keeps curling up like a cat asleep touching her tail with her nose im really worried about her now! i dont want to loose her someone please help me

JodieBromilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011   #2
Dan
(danchristopher)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: danchristopher has given consistently good advice and informationdanchristopher has given consistently good advice and informationdanchristopher has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Hellp my axolotl has white fluffy fungus on her gills! :O

She doesn't sound like she's in a good state at all. That behaviour could mean a whole lot of things (I believe parasitic infections is a definite possibility). The fungus is treatable with salt bathes as outlined here:
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-beg...-tutorial.html
But for the other issues you might be best off trying to get her to a herp vet. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

danchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sick axolotl