Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Missing foot syndrome

Schambers87

Reaction score
So...

Got up this morning and all was well. Check before setting off to work and my female axie had been snacked on! She is missing her front right foot and she is the bigger of the 2.
I have fed them today in the hope they will be too full for any more snacking while I'm at work.

Now I know they can regenerate but is there anything I need to do. Also should I feed them a little more frequently to prevent this happening again

Apart from the obvious my female axie appears well and can move about ok.....a bit wide when steering left but otherwise ok :p

Thanks x

My Lottie

Reaction score
She will grow another leg...:eek: ;) .... I know it is gut wrenching to see this happen, but keep water clean, and all parameters as they should be, and a miracle WILL happen!! :cool: :D

Best of luck..:happy:

Schambers87

Reaction score
I was feeding them every 3rd day but gonna try every other day now x

Thanks guys...will be giving the tank another good clean tonight :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1