Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Chat disabled

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Chat is disabled for the moment due to a possible security breach. I will find an alternative or an upgrade. Thank you for your patience!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I have settled on a new chat facility. I'll enable it some time in the next 24 hours and you can have at it.

mthom211

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!! do you know if this one is compatable with the Ipad?

Molch

Reaction score
I think I have settled on a new chat facility. I'll enable it some time in the next 24 hours and you can have at it.

you da man, dude :cool::kiss:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I've now enabled it so please feel free to try it. I'm sure there will be teething problems so please post any issues here. Thanks.

Scorpion

Reaction score
I keep getting an "Error : A chat is already being processed, please wait." message. I think it's because the chat froze up on me. I had to refresh. At least the chat loaded the first time I refreshed though. Ha ha

Also, is there a private messaging feature? Clicking the speech bubble next to the person's name doesn't make it viewable only to you and that person.

Last edited:

The Banana

Reaction score
Not to sound whiney or anything after your hard work, John, but is there any way we could go back to the old chat - or something more similar?

Linus

Reaction score
The new chat would be nice to have on the main page under between the banner and the forum (especially since it has to be manually refreshed), I like it, but I do wish to also have a fully dedicated chat page with sound.

Scorpion

Reaction score
John, not trying to be a pain or anything, but is there any way you could make people's messages appear instantly like the old chat instead of having to either send a message, click the chat refresh button, or wait for it to refresh every 30 seconds? It's annoying sending a message only to find out someone said something before you sent it. Also, the PMs don't work. I already said that. But it'd also be great if you could make PMs appear in a pop up window (like in old chat; yeah, I know I keep saying that), but I understand if that's not possible. Just reminding you is all. Also, is there any way to add sounds like in the old chat so that I know when someone says something when I'm in another tab or window?

Last edited:

Molch

Reaction score
on the plus side, in the new chat you can now utter certain naughty adult words such as "saltwater" and "glasses" :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!