Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Site down yesterday

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
The site was unavailable last night for several hours because our provider was moving the machine to a different data center. I knew about it in advance but forgot to give you a notice about it. For that I apologise. Please let me know if the site is faster or slower now. Thanks.

lollypop

Reaction score
Have to say so far today for me it's faster. But that could be my connection (had been having trouble with wifi) :) glad your back mind (the site that is)

Coldnorthtoy

Reaction score
I got really confused and didn't know what to do with myself - I kept hitting refresh over, and over, and over, but nothing appeared. :eek:

It actually appears to be a bit slower now than it was before, but that certainly could be something at my end - or at least at my internet provider's end.

Slower or faster though, I'm just glad it's back. :)

toxickitten

Reaction score
I had tried logging on and saw that it was unavailable and freaked out a little bit. I thought 1) It was down due to maintenance or 2) That the site got hacked (It has happened before to a forum that I'm on in the past). However, I'm glad it's back up and the chat feature at the bottom is very neat.

oceanblue

Reaction score
I too am finding the site ponderously slow to load. I'm tending to open another tab and do something else between every attempt to move around. It is the same from a site with a pretty fast line speed so I don't think the problem is my end.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1