T.cf.kweichowensis with infection

Niels D

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Some time ago I spotted this wound on one of the "hands" of our only male. You can see that one finger is reduced to only bone.
IMG_3341.jpg

It spreaded fast in only one day, so I removed the infected hand entirely. The wound healed very quick while the male was in quarantine. Treated him with Baytril for a week. Kept him a bit too wet though:
IMG_3352.jpg

At this moment he's doing very well. He's allready back in his enclosure and he eats a lot. He's a bit skinny still, but he's doing his best to gain some extra pounds. I'm really glad that he recovered so quickly.

Niels
Thank you for posting. Did you treat with oral or dermal and at what strength?
Thanks,

Aaron

What was the concentration of the Bytril liquid? Was it Bytril Otic, Injectable or oral solution?

Thanks,

Aaron

It was the oral solution. Untill now I've used this medicine for a C.cranwelli, a S.couchii and this T.cf.kweichowensis. I've been told that Baytril can damage the reproduction organs though. Maybe somebody can tell you more about this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back