Where would my hobby be without Caudata.org?

evut

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Display Name
Eva
My proposal for the next banner:

What would I do with all the space in my house if it wasn't all taken up by caudate tanks?

(but seriously, thanks! :happy:)

So true :D
Before i found this site my house used to have something. I seem to recall it was called s....space?
Then again, before this site i was an ignorant fool.
I love you C.org.....*blink**blink*

"Where would my hobby be without Caudata.org?"
That's right. You're welcome!

I dread to think of this possibility.

Several thousand dollars richer and definitely not as well prepared for my own episode of "Hoarders."

I'd still only have my fire bellies and I'd be sitting in an empty house wondering if there are any other newt nuts out there in the world

I would probably be bored out of my mind or have picked up some random hobby like bottle cap collecting...oooh or button collecting! So many different colors, shapes, sizes....:rolleyes:

I'd probably be more active on Dendroboard. I was a member of another salamander forum but left in a snit.

I would never have met Bill, Dawn, and lots of other email and personal friends and that would be a shame.

My boyfriend would still have the original 5 miscellaneous fire-bellies, and I would still have the paddle-tails, but I wouldn't have as much knowledge, and we wouldn't have the marbled newts or kaiser's spotted newts. My little newts wouldn't have sampled waxworms or earthworms, and I might never have had the knowledge required to raise little Teddy to his terrestrial stage (and hopefully to adulthood)
I also wouldn't have met the lovely people I have encountered on here :)
Thank you Caudata.org!

I know I'd have a lot more free time, and a lot less stress-induced wrinkles.

I'd probably spend more time in the woods, but then who would I run home to tell what I found? Thanks Caudata.org!

I would definitely have more free time, but I wouldn't have met half the interesting people that I have, and I would have seen a lot fewer salamanders.

Before I came to this site, I thought there was only one newt in the whole world, the red-spotted newt local to this area. I had no idea there were many many species of newts and salamanders! And that I wanted so many of them! But the other really great thing IS all the people I met through here. Just thinking right now, I'm surprised at all the people I actually met through here!

My hobby would be... I don't know I wouldn't have Axel or any of my sals. I wouldn't know the awesome people in here. Would have space in my room, and a lot less animals. I would be sitting on a computer more than I already do in the afternoon... I overall would probably be normal... :p

As some hobbyst says, before the site i was an ignorant, as i joined i meet people who think and live like i, and share good experience and helpfully info, constantly actualized!!! Thanks for your existence Caudata.org!:wacko:

Think i would still be telling people that 'i've got a deformed fish thats got arms and legs'. Thanks caudata, and thanks to all who i've talked to and who have helped me, very much appreciated.

I'd never know what an Axolotl is, and I'd have nothing to do in December! I would also have a basement that smells of things other than worm composts and pond water.
Thank you Caudata.org, for helping me discover an amazing hobby and amazing people!

Attachments

• imagesd.jpg
    imagesd.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 399
:errr: My husband and Family would still think that my sister-in-law "was weird".:eek:

My salamander would be in poorer health that is for sure, i had so many questions and still do, and everytime i would type in a very specific questions regarding salamander care this website would pop after reading the forums, about so many different types of newts and salamanders, i had to join so i can read about them all. But seriously thank you, caudata.org and all those who answer noobs's (like me) questions.

Without Caudata.org, my wife would think I was the only salamander hobbyist type wierdo on the planet... love this place... Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back