Feeding baby axolotls

hosengthao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Hoseng
When do I know when I can stop feeding my axolotls bbs? Its been about 4 weeks and their front legs have grown in. Can I start feeding them live chopped up bloodworms now or not yet?

The only way you'll know is if you try. They are probably big enough now to take finely chopped up blackworms. Take the blackworms and toss them in a plastic cup, tip it slightly so all the worms are in a little pool by the bottom rim, and go mad with some scissors. That's the easiest way to do it.

If you use a razor blade, they can take chopped blackworms from the start.

Awesome, my 4 little dinks just sprouted arms. time to get chopping!

is blackworms the same as earthworms?? im confused

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back