Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My T.kweichowensis (Photos)

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been meaning to take some photos of my T.kweichowensis (I know its CF but I hate saying that plus its Guizhou not Kweichow lol) for quite sometime, and finally I took some! :) My pair are fantastic animals and I absolutely adore them due to them being both gorgeous individuals and having an amazing temperament as they love to be handled (they even through a tantrum when I don't hold them! lol)

These are my own photos, I haven't water marked them as to not spoil the photos so please dont try using them without my permission as they are mine.

Anyway, to the Photos!!!! BEWARE though, shes a bit of a poser! lol :L

My Female T.kweichowensis ©
tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22940-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22933-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22934-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22935-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

My Female T.kweichowensis © Don't worry, it's only a worm dear it won't hurt you! hahaha
tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22939-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22936-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

My Female T.kweichowensis © A pose much? lol
tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22937-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

My Female T.kweichowensis © Quick pose! :)
tylototritonguy-albums-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture22938-my-female-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

Anyway, thank you for looking at my gorgeous girl! I shall try and get photos up of my handsome little man next! :)

Thanks

TyloDude

Last edited:

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Looking good! I agree these are beautiful animals...then again, there´s no such thing as an ugly caudate....period.

I have to say.....handling is not a good idea. It´s a good thing that they don´t seem to be stressed by it, but that´s not enough. Even the natural oily secretions of our skin can be a problem, not to mention residues from lotions, soap, etc. The heat of our hands alone is more than enough to discourage handling (in fact, extended handling has been known to cause death). Handling only produces benefits to you (and very marginal ones at that), but represents all sorts of potential problems for the newts. I would strongly encourage you to not handle them unless absolutely indispensable.

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Looking good! I agree these are beautiful animals...then again, there´s no such thing as an ugly caudate....period.

I have to say.....handling is not a good idea. It´s a good thing that they don´t seem to be stressed by it, but that´s not enough. Even the natural oily secretions of our skin can be a problem, not to mention residues from lotions, soap, etc. The heat of our hands alone is more than enough to discourage handling (in fact, extended handling has been known to cause death). Handling only produces benefits to you (and very marginal ones at that), but represents all sorts of potential problems for the newts. I would strongly encourage you to not handle them unless absolutely indispensable.

Thank you mate :) and totally agree with you I never think anything is ugly but I must admit, I'm totally in love with these! :)

Oh yeah I know that, I have never really been a handling guy in all honesty but then again I have never really had any Amphibian that enjoys handling (even though i never handle anything really). But when I do handle, I keep the time period down to 2 minutes at the most, always make sure that i wash my hands with plain water for a good 5 minutes prior and make sure to do so with freezing cold water and wear gloves. However the only time, I really handle them is when I'm picking them up for a photo (and that doesnt happen often! lol)

But dont worry I don''t go handling them all the time, as I said they throw Tantrums almost and they do that way more than they get their own way! lol I think its good they are tame though, I prefer them this way not because of them enjoying being handled but because they don't run away and hide... I would like to hope to have offspring from them that would prefer to come out and been seen rather than hide, after all who wouldn't! lol

Revan

Reaction score
A very healthy looking female. Great photos, is that a DSLR you are using?

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
A very healthy looking female. Great photos, is that a DSLR you are using?
Thank you :) they are both very healthy i must admit! lol and yeah i was using a Fuijifilm S5500 :) Had it a long time now should get something new! lol

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
My T.kweichowensis Male (Photos)

Hey there!

Finally, I have managed to take some photos of my Male Guizhou Crocodile Newt! I will have to try again though as he wouldn't stay still and kept running towards me every time i took a Photo. And when put him back to a place to get the photo, he would stay still until i left him! :/ Bless him I suppose lol

These are my own photos, I haven't water marked them as to not spoil the photos so please dont try using them without my permission as they are mine.

Anyway, She maybe a bit of a poser, but hes a gutsy greedy thing! lol

My Male T.kweichowensis ©
tylototritonguy-albums-guizhou-crocodile-newts-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture23020-my-male-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-guizhou-crocodile-newts-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture23021-my-male-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

My Male T.kweichowensis © Worm attack!!!
tylototritonguy-albums-guizhou-crocodile-newts-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture23022-my-male-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

tylototritonguy-albums-guizhou-crocodile-newts-tylototriton-kweichowensis-picture23024-my-male-t-kweichowensis-i-hold-copyright-so-photo-can-not-used-without-my-permission.jpg

I will try and get better photos of him, he's a little bugger when he wants to be! lol

Thanks for looking,

TyloDude

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!