Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Prolapse?

Cheva

Reaction score
Well ive only had my axie for about 5 hours ... about an hour and a half ago i noticed this large lump extending from its rear...

pretty sure its a prolapse from what ive read?

Heartbroken if it is .. Ive waited over a week for this little one :(

Attachments

• 20120627_173632-1 (1).jpg
    20120627_173632-1 (1).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 440

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure, you will need to keep a very close eye on this. Make sure the water is nice and cool, hopefully it will be ok. .
I would strongly advise you to remove the gravel though. Axolotl will gulp in food and are prone to swallowing anything else....including the small stones. This can potentially cause impaction.

Cheva

Reaction score
yeah i plan on removing the gravel tomorrow and leaving a bare floor till i get some sand . guy at the petshop said gravel was fine *shakes head* wish i had of read this forum better before setting my talk up.

Cheva

Reaction score
So now i impatiently await the opening of the store I brought my axie, I found him floating a little this morning so im fridging him till I can get him there.. So devod :(

EmJ

Reaction score
How is your axolotl Cheva?

Cheva

Reaction score
Suppose I should of updated this ... I returned the Axi to the store and the owner kept it there to keep an eye on recovery, unfortunately it died after a few days.

EmJ

Reaction score
Oh Cheva! I'm very sorry to hear that! :sad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1