Need help, kind of lost?

axilover26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay I don't know how to use this site very well, so I need some help. I'm looking to purchase a black MALE axolotl, maybe two depending on the prices... But I don't know where to find them and I can't seem to navigate to a page that will help me. I've had axolotl's for the last 2 years or so. My friend's mom purchased two, bred them, and since then i've been completely in love. Luckily my boyfriend has too and I'd really like to get him one for his birthday in August. I want a male because my old school (i graduated) has a few of the axi's my friends mom bred but their only male passed away and they wanted to as a class, breed them. I spent my whole senior year forming a daphnia culture and a stable habitat for them, so I figure if I get a male I can lend him to them and they can continue the work I could not successfully complete.

ANYWAYS point blank:
I'm looking for a male wildtype axolotl to purchase and love and i don't know where/how to go about this!

You can only determine the sex of Axolotls when they are adults, and finding adult axolotls is very difficult. Most are sold as juvies or eggs. It's impossible to sex either of those.
You won't have much luck finding what you're looking for, sorry :(

Completely ignore the above advice, if you are prepared to spend the time , effort and money sourcing the axolotl you want you will get it.

Agree with the above, i have seen many u.s websites that sell Axolotls, they may not always have them in stock, but i'm sure you may be able to pre order, also they are frequently for sale on this site in the 'for sale' section. 'good things come to those who wait', or if you search harder you may get one quicker. I hope you do find one soon, good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back