New recruit.

toothgrinder14

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, I thought I would sign up and get discussin' I've found this forum very helpful with my two axies 'Grimlock' and 'Seath the Scaleless' settling into their new home on my computer desk.

Seath the white one is smaller than his big hombre' Grimlock (an olive one) thought I would chuck up a quick happy snap up of Seath creepin' on me whilst I play some Black Ops 2! The one of Grimlock is old, his white coating has disappeared since I was able to control the tempreture (using a simple fan for evaporative cooling) and they are two happy beasts.

I've gotten through many challenges thanks to this forum, tank cycling, keeping the correct temperature and feeding. Both my axies are lively when I come home from work, greeting me coming up to the front and smashing down Mealworms everynight like machines, up to 5 each. I've tried pellets and bloodworms but mealworms are easy to clean up, they wriggle if they fall to the bottom and my axies just can't get enough of them.

My short term success is a testament to a great community forum on these badass beasts so thank you all for your help! Can't wait to get massive tank and have 100000 of them!

Attachments

• 550854_4690256181809_1072533871_n.jpg
    550854_4690256181809_1072533871_n.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 534582_4648517098358_489920046_n.jpg
    534582_4648517098358_489920046_n.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 101
My goodness, what cute axolotls you have!

It is always nice to know that yet another person in the world has found this forum of great use! I have used it many times for when my poor beasties have become unwell, and in a fit of panic I always go 'caudata.org will be able to help!'.

Welcome to the forum. I hope we get to see many more pictures of your lovely axies! I agree, I would love to have a massive tank and have 10,000 of them! They are best creatures (apart from cats for me!) in the world.

I have 4 of them! Two girls, and two boys. Two wildtypes, and albino, and I'm just going to say a white one! (I can never spell the proper name for them!).

:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back