Adoring the adorable

Vakuoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hello everyone!

I'm the besotted cleaning lady and feeder of Tiu and Tau, two super cute Chinese firebelly newts from Finland. Gladly I share my responsibilities with another member of their staff, my significant other. We adopted Tiu and Tau in may 2010 when their old owners 'got tired of them.' Their life had been pretty bleak and dreary up to that point and we're so happy that we got the chance to give them a better life with people who truly care about them, their happiness and their wellbeing. They're the most lovable creatures on the earth and have charmed everyone of our near and dear. They're not the smartest or bravest of animals but then, they wouldn't be so adorable if they weren't so pitiful.

Tau lives in the water. He's active during the day and his favorite hiding places are little caves, nooks and above all a tangle of Ficus pumila roots. Tiu lives on dry land and is very timid. Yet when the timer goes off he scampers immediately out from where ever he's hiding and into his little jungle of moss and plants for another night time adventure. If you want to see pics they're in my profile album. But I warn you, the cuteness might shatter your screen.

We've been wondering about a number of little things since Tiu and Tau came to us and I'm happy to get to ask all of you about all that.

Nice to meet you all :happy:

Hello Vakuoli and welcome to the forum! Yes, 'amazingly adorable' is a characteristic of all caudates....in my opinion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back