Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My Marbled Newt (Triturus marmoratus)

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, again!

Probably not going to or going to be able to upload any more photos than this of my collection.

Anyway, got myself a little juvenile Marbled Newt (T.marmoratus) the other day as it was on his own in the shop. So, will end up buying some more of these this year too (The list is endless now!)

Bit of information about the species: They originate from parts of France, Spain and Portugal and has been evaluated as "Least Concern" by the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species in 2004.

Here is the little guy! (Ignore the Sphagnum moss, its what i took him home in from the shop!) ©
tylototritonguy-albums-marbled-newt-triturus-marmoratus-picture26568-marbled-newt-nomenclature-triturus-marmoratus-iucn-red-list-least-concern-2013-these-my-own-photographs-please-ask-permission-before-using.jpg

And another©:
tylototritonguy-albums-marbled-newt-triturus-marmoratus-picture26566-marbled-newt-nomenclature-triturus-marmoratus-iucn-red-list-least-concern-2013-these-my-own-photographs-please-ask-permission-before-using.jpg

And one last photo! lol ©:
tylototritonguy-albums-marbled-newt-triturus-marmoratus-picture26567-marbled-newt-nomenclature-triturus-marmoratus-iucn-red-list-least-concern-2013-these-my-own-photographs-please-ask-permission-before-using.jpg

Anyway, thank you for looking at my thread!! :)

Tyloguy

P.S Please do not use my photos without permission, as one or two people have tried passing off photos as their own.

Zhinigami

Reaction score
i got to say i love your newts colour! it looks very healthy too so congratiulations :) !

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your really kind comments! :) I must admit he is a particularly stunning individual, just a shame he was on his own with no others for sale!

GraffLife - I originally gave him a 50/50 Semi -aquatic QT/ISO set-up (even though I know they are more terrestrial when younger). However after a while I was noticing that he was never entering the water (I was paying more attention to the lack of substrate particles that would be left over in the water). So, now I keep him Terrestrial with a water bowl as a option :) But like I said he rarely enters the water bowl even and is very happy and feeding perfectly!

Zhinigami

Reaction score
well if i would be in your shoes i would definitly search for a preddy lady to keep him company :)!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!