I introduce myself and my newts

Hypselotriton

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this great forum, my name is Peter, I'm Spanish and I keep two female hypselotriton orientalis (looking male), well here I leave the photos of them and their aquarium, I will change as they grow the Pomacea boulders by silica sand and put the odd plant more:

img2020rx.jpg

They try to lay eggs but not having it does not put them male, but I think they could put them even if they were infertile: S

img2015uz.jpg

img2008am.jpg

They'd just get in the water, so we have some bubbles but now are swimming and running around freely background.

img1382pc.jpg

img1384i.jpg

img1570ec.jpg

Greetings!

Hmmmm..i´m going to go out on a limb and say i don´t believe your name is trully Peter, Pedro...xD
The pictures aren´t showing. Try using the site´s uploading option (see the "manage attachments" button when you write a post), it works best.

I hope you consider looking for captive bred males for your lonely ladies. Buying from shops means buying wild-caught animals and that´s not good for you as a costumer, and it´s terrible for the newts.

Bienvenido al foro, por cierto! xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back