Food issue for CFBN larvae!?

Zhinigami

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Help!
During december i bought a few CFBN and now one of them have started to lay eggs, and i found some harched larvaes in the aquaria but i dont know really what how to feed them!?
Here is what i got as food options

•Mealworms (very much to big But might work with just the organs?)
•Frozen daphnia, But im not sure how to feed it .
•living fruit flies and/or bean bugs, only organs then i guess.
•pond water from the pond in My garden, i dont got Any daphnia net and im not sure how much life there is since its still a bit ice on it and that it have been a harsch winter.
•frozen red mosquito larvae, they are in a very good size.
•wild insects if i can find Any in the garden forest.

That is kind of it and i would love to have some tips on what/how to feed them and Any tips you got on raising CFBN larvae and eggs!

thank you :D any tips and so is still appreciated however !
especially of how to feed frozen food/daphnia :p

Once the pond thaws you can use a piece of thin cloth as a filter and run pond water through that. You will be able to get even the smallest organisms and you won't have to buy a net. Works very well for getting adequate sized foods for tiny larvae.

nice!
i tried it buyt it didn't work yet :(
well i were out before and took up some leaves and some algae in separate containers, hopefully i can get some daphnia from at least one of them.
i also used the time to catch some insects with live in the pond and gave them to my grown up CFBN as a little treat.

i would recommend but some brine shrimp eggs off ebay its good just to have them in waiting, i really need some too haha

haha well im actually about to try to let the larvae live together with live daphnias in a aquaria so that they can eat at all times ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back