The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 9th August 2013   #1
emmyk

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: emmyk has shown reliable knowledge
Default Let's play the sexing game!

Okay so I might be getting Stanley a friend. Stanley is getting bigger, I would say 6-7 inches.
I'm /pretty/ sure Stanley is a guy.
There's a visible boy bump.
Now the friend I have picked out is a 5-6 inch wild type, and the owner is /pretty/ sure its a female. All and all it really doesn't matter, but later down the road I would be happy to have babies, as every person I meet and show pics of him are fascinated and want one. Anyways, here she(?) Is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1376027058393.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	32398  

emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013   #2
Quentari
(Quentari)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Rep: Quentari has started on the right path
Default Re: Let's play the sexing game!

I'd guess the axie in the pic is a male.

Quentari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013   #3
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11

I think it is to young still to identify the sex..I have seen females with a similar size bump. If you can add a photo of your axolotl from above too it would help

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013   #4
mewsie
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 5
Rep: mewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.orgmewsie is a mainstay of Caudata.org

I'll also vote for too young. This is why my little lady Milton ended up with a boys name!

She is coping very well with this.

mewsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2013   #5
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Well I'm no expert, but mine all looked like that at that size. I thought I had 2 girls and 2 boys. By the time they got to 8" I realised I had scored 1 out of 4!
I'd have to say I'm undecided from that pic - and it's probably too early to tell.

auntiejude is offline   Reply With Quote