Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Let's play the sexing game!

emmyk

Reaction score
Okay so I might be getting Stanley a friend. Stanley is getting bigger, I would say 6-7 inches.
I'm /pretty/ sure Stanley is a guy.
There's a visible boy bump.
Now the friend I have picked out is a 5-6 inch wild type, and the owner is /pretty/ sure its a female. All and all it really doesn't matter, but later down the road I would be happy to have babies, as every person I meet and show pics of him are fascinated and want one. Anyways, here she(?) Is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376027058393.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376027058393.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 239

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is to young still to identify the sex..I have seen females with a similar size bump. If you can add a photo of your axolotl from above too it would help :D

mewsie

Reaction score
I'll also vote for too young. This is why my little lady Milton ended up with a boys name!

She is coping very well with this.

auntiejude

Reaction score
Well I'm no expert, but mine all looked like that at that size. I thought I had 2 girls and 2 boys. By the time they got to 8" I realised I had scored 1 out of 4!
I'd have to say I'm undecided from that pic - and it's probably too early to tell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!