The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 11th August 2013   #1
Mia
(Mama Mia)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 2
Rep: Mama Mia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Super Powers

Just saw a news fed onYahoo News, called Animals with Super Powers and Axolotls were in 2nd, behind the falcon, it talked about their power to regrow body parts and how a new study was under way, if you can check it out, the photos that were used, I would swear I hav seen here............
Just a FYI for everyone,

Mama Mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013   #2
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org
Default Re: Super Powers

Axolotls have been studied for years regarding their regenerative abilities. If you have a look on the internet you'll find loads of information, and here on the site you can probably find pictorial accounts of chomped limbs/gill etc regrowing.

My axies have another super power - the power to mesmerise anyone who stares at them for more than 10 seconds....

auntiejude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013   #3
Kaysie
(Kaysie)
Site Contributor

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 45
Comments: 62
Rep: Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11Kaysie goes to 11

The only super power mine have is the ability to poop twice their weight daily. :\

Kaysie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013   #4
CJ
(CJ1981)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: CJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.orgCJ1981 is a mainstay of Caudata.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysie View Post
The only super power mine have is the ability to poop twice their weight daily. :\
After having eaten at least 20 times their weight in worms!

I don't know where mine put all their worms, must have hollow legs

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Useful Links: Caudata Culture | Species Accounts | Care Articles | Newt and Salamander FAQs | Axolotl.org | Axolotl FAQs | Forum Functions
CJ1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013   #5
Petersgirl
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 3
Comments: 3
Rep: Petersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and informationPetersgirl has given consistently excellent advice and information

Toothless

Super Power: Ability to spontaneously and magically vanish into her surroundings.
Weakness: A torch - her iridophores make her stand out a mile!

Galaxy:

Super Power: Ability to poop under the one ornament you don't check >.< Also ability to sit on top of filter and other unlikely mountainous areas.
Weakness: The turkey baster. He can't resist it.