The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 13th August 2013   #1
Littlelotls

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Littlelotls is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What would you want in an Axolotl Website?

Hey fellow members, my girlfriend and I are going to be working on a website dedicated to axolotl's over the next couple of months and we would like to know what you would like to see in a site for our little gilled friends. there is no such thing as a stupid suggestion so let em rip! we would love to hear your input.
Thanks, LittleLotls

Littlelotls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013   #2
emmyk

Nationality:
Rep: emmyk has shown reliable knowledge

Big 'no gravel' signs for people looking into axies, and lots of links! :) maybe team up with a programmer to make an axolotl game! Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013   #3
TheAxolotlWhisperer
(Bdyoung)

Nationality:
Rep: Bdyoung has given good advice and informationBdyoung has given good advice and informationBdyoung has given good advice and information
Default Re: What would you want in an Axolotl Website?

My videos?

Bdyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013   #4
auntiejude
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Rep: auntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.orgauntiejude is considered an Authority at Caudata.org

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think I would sign up to ANOTHER website. I have an account here, and UK based site, a FB group, and I don't think I would want any more.
(I have a friend who has signed up to EVERY club, group, website, forum etc for her hobby, and she is an absolute BORE when she gets going! She has no life other than her hobby and her clubs)

But, that said, I think accurate advice from people who know what they are talking about would be the most useful, maybe a really good FAQ and mythbuster section.

auntiejude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013   #5
mamangenn

Nationality:
Rep: mamangenn has started on the right path

pictures, video of... how to ....

a page about where to get that kind of food divided by country... with review of the compagny. if the compagny ship worldwide. or where the brand can be find.

a page with.. what not to do. like a warning page of commun mistake.

mamangenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013   #6
Sian
(Sianita)

Nationality:
Rep: Sianita has shown reliable knowledge

I think a clear Do's and Don'ts section would be really useful for any first time axie keepers (like myself).
A section on essential equipment for the tank as well as the different makes, prices and places they can be purchased i.e. appropriate filters, where you can buy them and rough prices.
I also think that step by step instruction videos that show feeding, live food cultures, cleaning and treating any illness would be beneficial. :) x

Sianita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013   #7
Mia
(Mama Mia)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: Mama Mia is an unknown quantity at this point

What I would love to see is a page that show the different types of Axis, and a little more "lay-man" way of explaining the types, and with photos for sure.

Also,a flashing banners that states " NO USE OF GRAVEL" in an Axie tank.

Maybe if there was a page just for newbies to ask any questions nd not be made to feel for a lack of a better word 'dumb' I hope I didn't put that the wrong way and make anyone upset.

Mama Mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013   #8
SallySalamanda

Nationality:
Rep: SallySalamanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Keep It Simple!!!

A list water parametres with accaptable levels of pH, nitrates, nitrites, water hardness, ammonia etc a staright forward list of these were thet hardest thing for me to find. So to have a website that has them in one easy to find place would be awsome.

SallySalamanda is offline   Reply With Quote