The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 19th August 2013   #1
emmyk

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: emmyk has shown reliable knowledge
Default Best water conditioner?

I'm heading to Petco/pet smart today to get some water conditioner. I usually use...aqueon? I think? But I was wondering what brands are best. Also I don't think I have a choice but to....*shudders* use chemicals.... my nitrites are still high and I'm so worried, and I can't find any natural fixes! Gah! Anyone have any ideas? What's safe?

emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013   #2
Littlelotls

Nationality:
Rep: Littlelotls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best water conditioner?

i would suggest trying to find some Seachem Prime. they make really good products that are affordable and work incredibly well, it also promotes slime coating so that's always a plus :) and helps detoxify ammonia! oh and its highly concentrated so a small bottle will last you a long time :)

hope i helped

Littlelotls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2013   #3
Littlelotls

Nationality:
Rep: Littlelotls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best water conditioner?

also since your nitrites are high right now i would suggest doing a 20-25% water change once a day for 4 to 5 days. If you do this i guarantee that your issues with water chemistry will clear right up :)

Littlelotls is offline   Reply With Quote