Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help with tank cycle!

Danimorse

Reaction score
I've had my tank set up and have been doing a fish in cycle for 5 weeks now. I have my axie in a temporary tank, and wish to move him to the one I'm cycling. There are two goldfish in the tank I am cycling, and at the moment my ammonia is in between 0-0.25 Nitrites are at 0 (I have already seen a nitrite spike) and nitrates at between 20-40. My question is, is my tank cycled? Is it ok to transfer my axie to this tank now as i still have a small amount of ammonia.. Any help will be greatly appreciated

auntiejude

Reaction score
I think It's close enough to put your axie in. You won't always get 0 for ammonia and nitrite even when it's cycled, and with water changes it keeps it under control anyway.

Adding a new animal to a tank will casue a change in the cycle anyway. the idea of starting a cylce with fish is to get started, not make it perfect. Just keep monitoring and changing water until it stabilised again.

Good luck! (And post some pics of your new axie)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!