Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Meet Atlas

clownxfishx

Reaction score
Hello-

Just wanted to do an introduction of myself and my one current Axolotl, Atlas. My name is Abbey, I'm a college student. Atlas is a really great guy and he has a wonderful personality. Loves people, and will swim over and greet you and loves when you look at him. I love how he will sit in my hand when I feed him. Such a sweetie. :) Obviously not camera shy, haha.

We did a little photoshoot today. Excuse the horrible quality photos...they were taken on my cell phone. :) Also, the forum uploader has stretched the photos...click them to get a better idea of what he actually looks like. ;)

atlas8_zps58d93023.jpg

atlas7_zps6ac16dd5.jpg

atlas5_zpse9ca7644.jpg

atlas6_zps54c583af.jpg

122700d1377846321t-my-axelotl-overweight-help-gender-atlas1.jpg

122701d1377846334t-my-axelotl-overweight-help-gender-atlas2.jpg

122702d1377846349t-my-axelotl-overweight-help-gender-atlas3.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos. I'd love to see your axelotls! I'm in the process of transferring him to a 44 gallon tank that is currently cycling. I just cleaned his tank after the photos were taken. *The little pellets in some of the photos were uneaten food and were removed right away.

omgitsbekahxD

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to this forum! You have a very adorable axolotl there :) How long have you had him? My axolotl's name is Onyx, he also likes to sit in my hand and greet me when I enter the room! He's not quite an adult, but he's getting there :3 I'm going to be moving him to a 55 gallon tank once we move and I also have three gfp golden axolotls on the way! I don't have any good current pictures of him, but I'll post a little "timeline" type thing. :p

uvu2y4em.jpg
y8use3an.jpg
semena3e.jpg

resezeta.jpg
2yta5ezy.jpg

tehy7u2a.jpg

(Dont mind his pink tail, I think it was caused by stress from his loud, but temporary filter)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

HayleyK

Reaction score
What a cutie! These are my guys, José and Carlos! José is about two and Carlos is maybe 8 months-ish. Hoping to get some more! Are you thinking about getting him a buddy in the 44 gallon?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 220

clownxfishx

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to this forum! You have a very adorable axolotl there :) How long have you had him? My axolotl's name is Onyx, he also likes to sit in my hand and greet me when I enter the room! He's not quite an adult, but he's getting there :3 I'm going to be moving him to a 55 gallon tank once we move and I also have three gfp golden axolotls on the way! I don't have any good current pictures of him, but I'll post a little "timeline" type thing. :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you! I've had him for maybe 8 months now? Onyx is absolutely gorgeous! You lucked out with that one!!

What a cutie! These are my guys, José and Carlos! José is about two and Carlos is maybe 8 months-ish. Hoping to get some more! Are you thinking about getting him a buddy in the 44 gallon?

Jose and Carlos are the cutest little guys ever. :) Atlas will for sure have a buddy in his new tank! :)

conradryaan

Reaction score
welcome! atlas is very cute!! I love a good personality like his!(I think it comes from us loving them a lot) I now have four of them I just got two this week and the are barely two inches long. this first picture is of my first two, Erebus is on the left and Ceto is on the right.
u2u3e3eq.jpg

I haven't name the newest ones because they are both so similar is size and color and I plan on giving one to my mom when they aren't so hard to feed.
apa4u8u5.jpg
nynemu8a.jpg

thanks everyone for sharing your photos, I seriously love axolotls and could spend hours on this cite looking at them!!

PatchworkClocks

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You've got a handsome guy there. c:

My axolotl's name is Monster (temporarily; I have no idea what his gender really is!).
He's a vicious little bugger sometimes. He likes to sit in my hand, but whenever he does he also seems to enjoy nipping at my fingers and palm. But he's so adorable, I just let him get away with it.

MonsterSeptember.jpg

Batlotl.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1