Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Amazon Milk Froglet

Aplestris

Reaction score
Hey all :happy:
I got my first tree frog on the weekend. He (or she) is a very cute little guy. He (I'm just going to say 'he' now :p) and his exo terra tank and some small crickets was all that I bought due to a restricted budget. I think that he is about 2.3cm from snout to vent but I am not sure. I'll add some pictures hopefully.
He eats one or two crickets everyday as I lift him out of the tank and place him in a separate one to record his feeding (mentally :p). As far as I understand they get rather big. Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to get another in the tank with him? It is a 45cm high by 25cm wide and 30cm long (roughly). He is so small now but I think I couldn't fit another further down the road. Also, should I be feeding him every day? He eats small crickets and doesn't seem to be too much chubbier than when I got him. The care sheets I have looked at haven't really told me much about juvenile care.

31040-basking-stick-i-have-orchid-bromeliad-live-tank-too
31037-frog-himself

I don't now If the pictures will show but they are also under an album I have uploaded:happy:
I would love to know if anyone has this species or has experience with them or any tips?

TristanClark

Reaction score
I'm no frog expert by any means, but you should be feeding your crickets and keeping them gut loaded and dusting them with calcium. I couldn't get your pictures to load but I think two small ones would be fine together until they are full grown. if i were you i'd stick to just the one and feed it good and take care of it.

Aplestris

Reaction score
I'm no frog expert by any means, but you should be feeding your crickets and keeping them gut loaded and dusting them with calcium. I couldn't get your pictures to load but I think two small ones would be fine together until they are full grown. if i were you i'd stick to just the one and feed it good and take care of it.
Hi
I do gutload my crickets as well as powder them with vitamins :happy: I probably won't be getting another now as they have sold out and I can't find them (or many amphibians) for sale in my area. It's just that he just sits around mostly in the same place but having doing some research apparently keeping them separately doesn't make a difference to their behavior (lazy little guys)

otterwoman have you tried viewing my Milk Frog album if they do not appear on the post/thread :happy: It should be uploaded. This is the link for it:
http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/aplestris-albums-amazon-milk-frog.html

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!