Question: Best place to buy live daphnia online?

Anna F

Reaction score
Country
United States
The town I am in is kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere, so this is the only way I am able to get live daphnia ( Plan on culturing my own once I get some). Where is the best place with reasonable prices that won't rip you off? While I am at it, also, where is the best place to buy earthworms?
Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

Well I don't know if it's the BEST place to buy earthworms, but I get mine from walmart they are $3something for 18 LARGE canadian earthworms and the company is called DMFBAIT.com I did a little research of their site and they are safe for pets, never in any chemicals, as for daphnia I have no idea hth ;)

Hey, thanks! Goes to show what I know,lol, I wasn't even aware that Walmart sold earthworms!! Maybe they do online as well....(I have no choice but to order online, this town is kind of in the boonies...)

I got all my daphnia off ebay, if you buy enough you can get a daphnia culture going and wont need to buy more :D

Well I don't know if it's the BEST place to buy earthworms, but I get mine from walmart they are $3something for 18 LARGE canadian earthworms and the company is called DMFBAIT.com I did a little research of their site and they are safe for pets, never in any chemicals, as for daphnia I have no idea hth ;)

I was buying mine at Walmart too, but since the weather is getting colder they haven't been carrying them. I have to get mine from petsmart or southern ag.

A lot of people on here have worm farms, you might want to look into that. I can't help much because I"m not "allowed" to have one, hubby has his limits.

Daphnia: Dallas Discus.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back