What's this plant please?

AfroNewtkeeper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Daniel
These are clippings from my biology teacher's aquarium. They normally grow completely vertically, but were misshapen a bit during transit. Anyone know what they are?

Attachments

• 34958d1390538945-tank-concerns-image.jpg
    34958d1390538945-tank-concerns-image.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 445
Last edited by a moderator:
ripley-albums-planted-fish-tank-picture32169-65-gallon-tank.jpg
This is actually bacopa caroliniana which looks very similar to bacopa monnieri. I have this plant in my large fish tank, we started out with just a couple bunches and now the entire back wall is covered. My tank is is CO2 injected because it is so heavily planted as well as high lighting so everything grows fast. Every week I have to cut these plants back because they grow above the waters surface.

At least in European aquarium shops, yes :) Given that it's an American plant, it should be even more common.

Apparently I haven't gotten the knack for posting pictures in a link yet. The picture above is in my album of the large fish tank that has the plants you were asking about if you would like to take a look.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back