Not eating

Shuichi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My melanoid hasn't eaten in nearly 2 weeks. Her tankmate is eating just fine and I took her out a few days ago. The other 3 axies are also eating fine. She's visibly losing weight and I don't know what to try anymore.

Is there anything else wrong with her? Any signs of stress? What are your water parameters and temperature? What are you feeding them?

She's fine otherwise. I'm doing daily water changes while she's isolated, it does get quite warm but I'm doing my best to keep it down (20) I did think that could be it, but it didn't make sense that the others are fine. Earthworms mainly, though I have tried bloodworms in the last few days.

It's been over 3 weeks now and she still hasn't eaten. I don't know if this is because she hasn't eaten but her hands look like they're backward if that makes sense. I'll post a picture soon, I'm not giving up on her.

It's been over 3 weeks now and she still hasn't eaten. I don't know if this is because she hasn't eaten but her hands look like they're backward if that makes sense. I'll post a picture soon, I'm not giving up on her.

Just wanted to say I hope your girl gets better! Definitely keep her in a dark, cool , clean tank so she is comfortable and do try to keep her water cool!! Small fans work wonders.

Thank you, but I don't think she's going to make it. I checked on her this morning and she was floating at the top of the water with little movement. A short while later she was on her side. I'll make sure she's as comfortable as possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back