Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

3 inch axie won’t eat

ThePapken

Reaction score
I got this axolotl yesterday (3 inches and it is the first time I’m keeping axolotls). It has a very large tank and I’ve tried to turkey vaster it some frozen blood worms (defrosted in the aquarium water) but he has only eaten 1 bloodworm total. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong and I’m worried it’ll starve

SamAxolotl

Reaction score
I know many people will feed their smaller axolotls brine shrimp, so that might be a good thing to look into?

BasilBear

Reaction score
Considering you just got your Axolotl yesterday (Congratulations!) I wouldn’t worry to much. Most Axolotls are very sensitive creatures. So something like moving into a new home is a very big adjustment, it might take them a while to properly adjust and accept food. However, if he continues to not eat maybe the large size of the tank is stressing him out. You could fix this by adding tons of caves and hiding spaces to help him feel safe:). I hope this helps and your Baby starts eating soon, Best of luck😊.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!