Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

4 month old juvenile axolotl

Goffbish2k19

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 4 month axolotl and since Thursday I noticed this buldge from his cloaca. I was advised that it may be a prolapse or could be from impactation. I've had it for a month however for the first week I stupidly had him on sand but since 3 weeks ago I've had him tubbed. So I was given good advice to try feeding him some salmon however it's not really helped and looks like it may have gotten worse? Really need some advice ASAP please I've attached pictures from a few days ago when I first seen it until today

Attachments

• PicsArt_08-04-12.22.45.jpg
    PicsArt_08-04-12.22.45.jpg
    953.5 KB · Views: 106
  • PicsArt_08-04-12.21.07.jpg
    PicsArt_08-04-12.21.07.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

Binditheaxolotl

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 4 month axolotl and since Thursday I noticed this buldge from his cloaca. I was advised that it may be a prolapse or could be from impactation. I've had it for a month however for the first week I stupidly had him on sand but since 3 weeks ago I've had him tubbed. So I was given good advice to try feeding him some salmon however it's not really helped and looks like it may have gotten worse? Really need some advice ASAP please I've attached pictures from a few days ago when I first seen it until today
I can’t tell what it is, but I would take him to an aquatic vet ASAP

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!