Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A change in colour

K

kelly

This is a little weird, but I looked at Gevolin tonight and she's fully changing colour. She used to be black with a light freckling, but now she's like...transparent with freckles. I think if she didn't have freckles I'd be able to see right through her. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with her and what do I do?

These are a couple of before and after shots (two from before and two after).

24836.jpg

24837.jpg

24838.jpg

24839.jpg

M

mik

Looks perfectly well to me. I guess she's just starting to mature.

I have a female leucistic and her skin has a translucent sheen. Looks great.

Nice axies thx for sharing with us

K

kelly

That blue colour looks so cool. I guess it must be normal, she's turned black the next day.

K

kim

awwwwwww

*Puff comes running over for her again while Kaysie's back is turned*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1