Aliexpress Chillers

WooperLooperJPN

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Has anyone purchased one of these inexpensive (< $100) aquarium chillers from Aliexpress?
I just need something to use for about 2 months of the year to somewhat lower the temperature of my 8gal (30L) Axolotl tank from its 30C max summer temperature. I can use fans to add to the cooling effect.
I wanted to try the Iceprobe chiller, but it seems to have disappeared from online retailers.

Attachments

• 27263EFE-2D92-435A-958D-91CF4E06D75A.png
    27263EFE-2D92-435A-958D-91CF4E06D75A.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 181
  • F5265140-3CB3-44A9-ACF2-6B833EC5B3AA.png
    F5265140-3CB3-44A9-ACF2-6B833EC5B3AA.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
For one thing 8 gallons is too little space for an axolotl. That size is borderline cruel plus would cause waste to build up quickly. I wouldn’t keep an Axolotl in anything less than 10 gallons at absolute minimum in my opinion.
for cooling Iv found that fans designed to clip to the top of the tank are the most successful short of dropping treated ice cubes into your filter basket. If the chilled fan can blow well on the surface of the water it isn’t going to do much.

For one thing 8 gallons is too little space for an axolotl. That size is borderline cruel plus would cause waste to build up quickly. I wouldn’t keep an Axolotl in anything less than 10 gallons at absolute minimum in my opinion.
for cooling Iv found that fans designed to clip to the top of the tank are the most successful short of dropping treated ice cubes into your filter basket. If the chilled fan can blow well on the surface of the water it isn’t going to do much.
Fans are nice, but only if the room has AC. Otherwise you’re just blowing hot air on the water surface. I’m looking for the chiller solution without room AC being required.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back